In order to to deliver a timely response to pension enquiries, would Members please use the following steps if requiring pension forecasts.
Step 1 - Calculator
If you are serving, please use the MOD’s on-line pension calculator here
. This can be used by the majority of service personnel to model benefits against future or potential ranks and exit dates. There is a MOD guide on how to use the calculator here.
Step 2 – Veterans UK
All serving members of AFPS are entitled to apply to Veterans UK in Glasgow, for a formal forecast free-of-charge, once a year. This is done by submitting AFPS Form 12 here
. This form must be submitted in hard-copy by post – Veterans UK will not accept e-mail submissions. Additional forecasts can be requested within a 12-month period but they attract an administrative charge.
For individuals who are no longer in service and who wish to understand their entitlement to a preserved pension, please submit AFPS Form 14 here
Step 3 – Forces Pension Society
Once you have received your forecast from Glasgow, we can audit the figures for you and explain their meaning. Please scan Glasgow’s response and e-mail it to us at email@example.com
. As we don’t have access to your service details, you will need to provide in the e-mail:
- Confirmation of your last day in service
- Dates of any breaks in service
- Dates of any previous service
- If you have a Pension Sharing Order in place following a divorce – if so, please provide a copy of your Discharge of Liabilities letter.
In addition, you will need to provide details of your salary since April 2015.
To do this:
Please note that without the above information, we are unable to audit your pension forecast
- Log into JPA and select JPA Self-Service – Employee, Armed Forces.
- Select My Information views.
- Select salary tab, and take a screen shot of the salary since April 2015 to date.