Read all our updates on McCloud  – find out more


Pensions and benefits for UK nationals in the EU, EEA or Switzerland after Brexit

The Government advises that entitled personnel living in the EU or EEA will continue to receive uprated state pensions overseas after Brexit, even in a no-deal scenario.

The detail can be found at:

What will happen after April 2023 will be the subject of negotiations this year. Members might also wish to add the following link to their favourites. It gives specifc guidance on a country by country basis.

NHS Form S1

An S1 form is a healthcare certificate that entitles you and any dependants to healthcare in another EU country, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Switzerland on the same basis as a resident of that country. If you are in receipt of a UK exportable benefit, this certificate is issued by Overseas Healthcare Services at the NHSBSA. You can contact them on:

  • 0191 218 1999 (option 5) if you are calling from the UK
  • 0044 191 218 1999 (option 5) if you are calling from outside of the UK

There’s more information at the following link:

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. To find out more read our Cookies Policy.