RECRUITMENT FOR THIS POST HAS NOW ENDED
Do you have an interest in, and have the willingness to learn to become expert in Armed Forces Pensions? This could be the job for you!
We are looking for an additional member of our Pension Enquiry Team whose main task is to provide expert, independent technical guidance on the Armed Forces Pension Schemes
The Forces Pension Society is a not-for-profit, independent membership organisation that looks after the interests of current and future UK Armed Forces pensioners. It is a watchdog, a lobby group and a provider of professional advice to its membership, which comprises both serving and retired Armed Forces personnel. In recent years the Society has gone from strength to strength, with increasing membership (now over 60,000), a strong independent voice and considerable influence and reputation. The Society has a full-time staff of 17, supported by consultants and is based in Vauxhall, South West London. Demand for our services continues to grow.
The Pensions Team
At the heart of the Society is the Pension Team, currently nine strong. The main task of the team is to provide expert, independent technical guidance on the Armed Forces Pension Schemes. The reputation of the Society relies upon this advice being accurate, authoritative, clear and timely – and thus depends upon the quality of its Pension Advisers.
The new member of the team will not be expected to be a pension expert on joining, although previous exposure to this area with knowledge of Armed Forces Pension Schemes would be advantageous. The candidate must show the background, interest in the issues, and the willingness to learn to become expert in a reasonable timescale. The new member must be able to reach a position to give high quality advice after a period of comprehensive training which will require determined application. Military experience and a detailed knowledge of the Armed Forces will be a distinct advantage although is not essential.
This is a 2 year fixed term appointment. The role of the Pension Adviser is to:
- Provide technical guidance to members, predominantly on-line but also by telephone and face-to-face.
- Conduct formal presentations as part of the Society’s briefing programme.
- Liaise as required with the Ministry of Defence and its delivery arms in order to understand policy formulation and assist members.
- Contribute to the Society’s horizon scanning and trend analysis activities to shape ongoing campaigns.
- Starting salary £46,000 p.a.
- 10% of salary Employer pension contributions (£4,600) (no employee contributions).
- Interest-free season ticket loan.
- 30 days annual leave (plus all Bank Holidays).
- Comprehensive training and development package.
- Office-based in Vauxhall, working from home as and when agreed.