Forces Pension Society Charitable Fund
If you would like to make a donation or leave a bequest to support our work, please make it to our charitable fund (FPSCF) rather than the main society by following the links below.
The FPSCF is a charity whose main objectives are:
1. The relief of widows, widowers, surviving qualifying cohabitants, surviving civil partners and surviving dependant relatives of members of the Forces Pension Society or of persons who served in the Armed Forces of the Crown (whether or not they were members of the Forces Pension Society) who are in need by virtue of financial hardship, sickness, disability or the effects of old age;
2. Such other charitable purposes as the trustees may from time to time decide. Primarily supporting the charitable work undertaken by the Forces Pension Society including, educational and outreach programmes and veterans in custody.
There are a number of ways in which you can support the FPSCF:
- To make a donation by cheque, please click here and download a donation form, which also contains details of the Gift Aid tax benefit.
- If you wish to set up a standing order, please click here and download the standing order form, which also contains details of the Gift Aid tax benefit. You will need to complete two copies of the form, one to send to your bank and one to send to us.
- If you prefer to make a donation online to the Charity by credit or debit card, please click here to go to our secure page, which also includes information about Gift Aid.
- If you wish to arrange a bequest, please click here to see how to set one up. You should be aware that as a result of recent changes, as from 5th April 2012, if you leave 10% or more of your estate to charity, the rest of your estate will benefit from a 10% reduction in Inheritance Tax that would otherwise be payable. The rules regarding Inheritance Tax are different between England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. We suggest you consult your legal advisor regarding IHT benefits or contact Steele Rose & Co, and tell them that you are a Member of the Forces Pension Society.
The charity has done much to support the charitable work of the FPS and also the excellent work of the various widows’ associations, but needs your continued support to continue delivering its aims and objectives. Whatever form of donation or bequest you decide to make, we are extremely grateful for your help.
The FPSCF is a charity registered with the Charity Commission, charity number 264524.
If you would like to contact the Charity, please email us at email@example.com. Please note that the Trustees are all volunteers, and the email address is monitored on an ocassional basis.
The current Trustees are: Jonathan Wheeler; Ian Vere Nicoll; Paul Nash; Mary Moreland; Paul Stearns; Ian McGregor and Chris Morgan