Exploring the opportunities and challenges for ex-military personnel and spouses
Join this Officers' Association event on 10 March 2021, from 10:00 - 16:00, and understand why women have a lower employment rate (69%) compared to men (81%) after leaving the Armed Forces.
Hear from business leaders, employment experts and inspirational women who have successfully transitioned from military to civilian employment. Understand what employers like Jacobs, Balfour Beatty, JP Morgan, Braze, MOD Abbey Wood and the London Business School are looking for from future employees and why they’re recruiting from the ex-military and spouse talent pools.
A series of keynote presentations and panel discussions will discuss the key issues facing women as they seek to swap military life for civilian employment tackling:
- The struggle to describe skills and experiences in a way that employers understand
- Holding back from applying for roles if they do not 100% fit the criteria and a lack of confidence
- Family commitments
- Unsure where they best fit in industry
National employers will showcase their current opportunities and provide personal recruitment and job application advice. Employers already confirmed to speak are: KPMG, Skanska, NHS, PA Consulting, Focus7, Montessori Group, Recruit for Spouses and tech company, Sheperd.
This is your chance to build your online network of supportive employers, contacts and industry champions: enabling you to find a sustainable and fulfilling next role.
5 Reasons to attend:
- Gain practical, useable advice on finding & securing your next role
- Develop a better understanding of civilian employers and what they're looking for from new hires
- Realise the potential of online networking
- Be inspired and motivated to take your next step
- And understand where 'my best fit' is within the civilian jobs market