Due to an internal move, we are looking for candidates with excellent presentational skills to fill the role of Roadshow Manager.
About the Society
The Forces Pension Society is a not-for-profit, independent membership organisation that looks after the interests of current and future recipients of UK Armed Forces pensions. It is a watchdog, a lobby group, and a provider of professional guidance to its membership, which comprises both serving and retired Armed Forces personnel. In recent years the Society has gone from strength to strength, with increasing membership (now over 62,000), a strong independent voice, and considerable influence and reputation. The Society has a full-time staff of 17, supported by associates, and is based in Vauxhall South West London.
The purpose of the Roadshow is to raise awareness of the benefits and complexities of the Armed Forces Pension Schemes to Service audiences, highlighting the services the Society provides, and thereby encourage military personnel to join and / or become advocates for the Society.
The Roadshow Manager
This vacancy has arisen due to an internal move. The Roadshow Manager will work for the Chief Operating Officer and be home based, travelling widely across the UK, and occasionally overseas, to give presentations on MOD property. Presentations are also delivered via webinar. The successful candidate will have excellent presentational skills and will be given training on the detail of Armed Forces Pension Schemes. Knowledge of the Armed Forces would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Construct and maintain the Society’s external engagement programme.
- Arrange and deliver Roadshows to serving audiences in the UK and overseas.
- Liaise with the Pensions Team to keep roadshow presentations up to date.
- Maintain a database of briefing and displays as a record and a business management tool.
- Maintain links with key Service / Agency contacts.
- Provide feedback on issues raised by audiences.
- Support marketing by keeping Service information hubs supplied with FPS literature.
- Liaise with the Digital Engagement officer to develop social media themes and content.
- Support the Membership Team at employment fairs.
- Base salary of initially £42,512 p.a.
- 10% Employer pension contributions of £4,251 (no employee contributions).
- Interest-free season ticket loan.
- 30 days annual leave (plus all Bank Holidays).
- Comprehensive training and development package.
- Based at home, attending Vauxhall for periodic meetings.
Please apply by submitting a CV and, in no more than two sides of A4, write a supporting statement which meets the person specification and outlines:
- your reasons for applying for this position;
- your experiences to date which you feel make you a suitable candidate; and
- an indication of your strengths, both personally and professionally.
You are also asked to give the names of two referees, one of which should be your current employer. If short-listed, we will seek your permission to contact the referees prior to interview.
All applications should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
by 1200 hrs on Thu 9 Dec 2021. The aim is to conduct interviews for those shortlisted on Fri 17 Dec, with the successful candidate starting in mid-late Jan 2022.