The Officers’ Association Women into Employment virtual event, now in its second year, recognises the unique challenges female ex-military personnel can face when moving from military to civilian employment. The event aims to provide serving female personnel, veterans, reservists, spouses and partners with insights and practical advice in support of their next civilian career.
Bringing together serving and former female military personnel from all ranks and services, we will profile the skills and experiences female veterans offer employers across UK Plc. To date, fourteen employers are taking part, keen to highlight why they are looking to recruit from this vast and varied talent pool.
- Hear what future-forward employers like National Cyber Force, JP Morgan and Jacobs look for in their future employees, and why they are committed to recruiting from the female ex-military and spouse talent pools.
- Learn from business leaders, employment experts and inspirational women who have successfully transitioned from military to civilian employment.
- Discover from our series of keynote presentations and panel discussions, the key issues and opportunities facing women as they seek to swap military life for civilian employment.
National employers will showcase their current opportunities and provide recruitment and job advice. Throughout the day, there will be time for online networking and questions.
This Event Will
- Articulate the possible barriers to employment: translation of military skills, lack of commercial experience, and the perception of female veterans
- Outline the practical family considerations faced by female military personnel which affects their employment outcomes; childcare, both partners serving, and location.
- Profile successful female veterans now working in the civilian workplace
- Raise the profile of female Service leavers to employers, highlighting the skills, training, and experience of all veterans
- Provide a platform for employers to share how they are recognising and tackling these issues directly.
Women into Employment: Developing civilian career opportunities for women from the Armed Forces community is open to serving and former personnel, reservists across all ranks and spouses and is free to attend. The virtual event runs from 1000 – 1630 hrs on March 24, 2022.