Personal & Home
Discounted funeral planning service
Funeral Planning for your peace of mind
The passing of a loved one often prompts people to consider the provisions they have made for the future. With this in mind, we have appointed a new Affiliate to add funeral planning to our membership offers. With a funeral plan, you can relieve your family of the financial stress and any worries about your funeral arrangements.
The Forces Pension Society is pleased to introduce funeral plans from Golden Leaves, a leading independent funeral plan provider, and has arranged a £300 Member discount from the cost of a plan.
Golden Leaves provide a range of funeral plans offering comfort and security for you and your family. By choosing a plan ahead for your funeral you will benefit from:
- Peace of mind knowing that everything is taken care of in advance
- The reassurance that your family won’t have to worry about your funeral arrangements.
- Saving money by fixing the cost of your funeral at today’s prices
- Complete financial security – your money is securely held
- A guarantee of nothing more to pay for the services within our control
- International plans – a helping hand for UK citizens living abroad.
Funeral Plans are good financial sense for Members
- Funeral costs keep increasing. The average cost of a funeral in the UK rose 3.9% between 2015 and 2016 according to Royal London.
- Funeral Plans have sound financial benefits, primarily to fix the cost of the funeral at today’s level.
This has led to Members purchasing for a number of reasons:
- Fixes the Funeral Director’s cost at today’s rate. A typical funeral in 1991 was £820, the average in 2014 was £3609, and is expected to be over £6000 by 2022.
- Spares the family a large expense at an already difficult time. The reason Funeral Services were the highest usage on credit cards in 2013 was because assets can be difficult to release at the time it is needed for the funeral.
- Protects assets against use for care and support costs – having cash savings can exclude from certain benefits and allowances.
- Our Fixed Monthly Payments cover the whole of the funeral service, whereas the typical whole of life policy simply provides a cash sum with little guidance to its suitability. They also provide cover in full after 12 months and cover accidental death from the first month.
Practical reasons for Members to purchase a Funeral Plan
Funeral Plans have sound financial benefits. However, they also have enormous practical benefits:
- Spares the family from the stress of having to make decisions at a difficult time
- Chance to ensure that you get the type of funeral you would like, not relying on others to decide the manner of your send off.
- Completes the “end of life” arrangements for those wanting to get everything in place so you can get on with enjoying the rest of your life, in a similar way to a Will or Life Insurance.
- Members will know which Funeral Director is looking after them, and can “detail” the arrangements with them at a later date if they wish – meaning you don’t need to ask those details now.
Who wouldn’t benefit from having a plan in place?